Monday, April 19, 2010
Yatta!
I took a long, long journey to get here. So long that this feels a little surreal, a little dreamy, even a little miraculous. Maybe not just a little - considering how I've been failing time after time, forever and ever. At times it almost seemed like my stubbornness was merely fueling this vicious cycle that was leading me nowhere. The uncanny circumstances that unfolded yesterday evening just crippled all my hopes of passing. But. I did it. I have finally done it! I can't find the right words to convey my happiness, relief and gratitude. Every single time I fail, my mind tortures itself with all the "should-have-been"s and "could-have-been"s over and over again. "I should have stuck to the left-hand lane. I should have stepped on the accelerator more. I could have passed. Today could have been such a happy day.." And now that Today has materialized, I just feel incredibly moved. Because efforts do pay off, because all that hard work, time and money had not gone in vain, because I couldn't have done this on my own, and because I refused to give up. Thank you everyone, especially my family, my instructor, my housemates, and all who've supported me during this long, long journey. Also, special mention to the god(s?) above.
刚才打电话给爸爸跟他分享我的喜悦。能听到他的声音,真的好高兴,好安慰。不知不觉,说完好消息后,就觉得喉咙有块石头似的,说不出话来了。对于爸爸的嘘寒问暖,我却一个字也说不出口。接着连眼睛也开始模糊了,有种说不出的感动。好感动。