Sunday, January 24, 2010

Welcome!


This new layout is the culmination of ultimate boredom and the inability to fathom all the complex signal transduction pathways that take place even before a fruit fly is born. Fruit flies have never intrigued me so much before!

Anyway, I'm so happy that I managed to keep my good old mushroom intact in spite of the revamp. It feels like just yesterday when huiwen and ying created this for me in a moment of spontaneity. It's amazing how this yesterday happened over 4 years ago, when it doesn't feel all that far away.

I haven't been able to stop listening to this song after I stumbled upon it yesterday. It makes me picture white fluffy clouds drifting against an azure blue sky, and lovely lallang grasses swaying in the winds - like that you see above. I love how Joe Hisaishi plays the piano with such sweet grace and gentleness that you can feel all that emotion behind the motion of his fingers. This song really encompasses all the happiness in the world.



If I ever get to watch Joe Hisaishi's concert live, I think I'll start crying even before he starts playing. His compositions are too heart-wrenchingly beautiful.