Monday, August 09, 2010

Train your brain!

I spent the whole of my Sunday playing brain games! So geeky, I know! But it’s really fantastic entertainment! Besides.. Geeks are cool anyway! It’s super fun and there’s quite a diverse repertoire of games that are all very cute! I’ve been trying to make full use of the free premium trial to play as much as possible. It’s really addictive and it gets more and more intense as you progress. It feels like I’m putting my brain on a treadmill that just keeps going faster and faster and faster! Penguin Pursuit really drove me crazy at first! It’s a game that trains spatial orientation, and I was really, really pathetic on my first try. Basically it’s about navigating a penguin through a maze as fast as possible before an enemy penguin reaches the food. Every few seconds the entire maze would change its orientation and I’ll be dumbfounded at the change and keep directing my poor penguin to bang its head against the walls. It’s so interesting how the game was spot-on at reflecting my poor (or rather, lack of) sense of direction in real life. Amazingly, after following through with just a few more of their training sessions (which are actually just more games), I got so much better at it, and I feel so proud of myself now! I really think these games work! Maybe I’ll never get lost anywhere anymore! Now I’m going to sound like I work for this company.. But do try playing it! It’s good fun, you’ll get to understand your brain and all its complexities better, and you’ll become smarter too! Or at least, I do feel a teeny weeny bit smarter whenever I break my own high scores!

And yet another weekend has slipped by, bringing me closer to home.